Click image for source
It has come to my attention that if I blink, I miss the beginning of a new month. I can't complain though, June was a TON of fun and somehow really felt like summer even though it usually never does. Before I go over goals and what epic failures they were, I want to share some of the highlights of the month! (PS I'm linking up with Angie and Autumn for this post.)
I have been out and about. Off the top of my head, there was my company Lagoon day, a Dutch Oven fundraiser from the guys at work, visiting Black Rock, a picnic at the old Saltair site, getting rained out of a car show, seeing my very first Bee's game, and driving Chase up to Guardsman's pass for the first time. For someone who never socializes and spent the last year in a dark hole, it's all I've been doing and though it's strange for me I'm trying to just enjoy it.
Also, quite a few of these trips were taken on Chase's big beefy Boulevard that doesn't have a name yet. So how do you not enjoy that?
One other thing I have to talk about for a minute--surprise--is Flemeth. He's getting older now and definitely has his own personality. He's still playful as a kitten, still loves me and is attached to me, but he's also now a wanderer and a curious little guy. He has fallen in love with Chase and now escorts him to the bathroom as well (lol--I feel betrayed) but the thing I love the most about this little fella is his expressiveness. I've never seen a cat make such human-like smirks and meows. I wonder if all kittens raised primarily around humans adapt this way? Or is it just my little guy? Either way, I am so thankful for him and though I miss him being my tiny little helpless furball baby, I'm also loving his new, independent teenager personality.
One other thing I accomplished that I'm proud of--I got a floating desk and set it up. I was so tired of doing my makeup in the living room, and having this little sad wicker stand for my stuff. This thing turned out ten million times better than I ever thought it could, and I am continuing to surprise myself at how well I can keep a house. For being raised in a shack, I'd say I'm doing pretty good!
What a month! Onto the goals:
Do a good job, and learn the in's and out's of my job.SUCCESS! Everything's going decent! I handled an incident in a way that my boss really liked, so score :D
- Go to a goddamn pilates class. FAIL I give up. Never gonna happen.
Plan Derik's birthday Vegas trip + book motel. SUCCESS I got the thing booked, but don't have to pay til check in--even better!
- Finish my 4/4 portrait series. FAIL Didn't even get started. Whoops.
- Flemith's vaccines FAIL I really am a terrible cat mom. SOON BABY I SWEAR
- Work on CME's for the month and get at least 40 hours. FAIL hahahah I have like maybe ten hours. Dammit.
Lay off the fucking sugar.SUCCESS I've gotten better....slowly. Kinda. It's a WIP. Write more stories.SUCCESS I've blogged a few times and written some Silus drabbel so I am going to be optimistic and call this a win. It's amazing I got anything done at the computer this month. One Car Show.SUCCESS It was rained out, which wasn't my doing, but at least I got ready and went!
And this month's:
- Make Derik's birthday a HUGE SUCCESS! Vegas, baby! I've already started the itinerary...Now to follow through. I think it'll go great and I'm so thrilled to be able to do this for the person who has always done everything he could to help me see the world.
- Finish my 500 Squats Challenge. Wish me luck. I freakin' love squats though.
- Flemith's goddamn vaccines. Terrible parent. No excuse.
- No seriously, lay off the sugar. I have been noticing my stomach issues getting worse, and now instead of an ulcer I'm wondering if the artificial sweeteners are tearing up my guts--I've decided to just go back to veggies and protein and chill out on all forms of sugar and carbs. We'll see if it makes a difference.
- Paint one portrait. Already know of whom, now I just need to force myself to make time.
- Get back on track financially. I've been playing mad catch up since waiting on this new job, and by this next paycheck or so I should be right where I need to be. My goal is to not lose focus of this because I'm tired of spreading money so thin.